Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anybody know of any catologs for supplies

does any body have any catologs or numbers for the catologs
    of harbor freight or blue mountain or any other carving/tool catolog thanks,
    casey :

Re: does anybody know of any catologs for supplies

Do a search for 'woodcarving supplies' and you will get more than you need. I believe that Harbor Freight is <harborfreighttools.com>. I am sure you could find them in a search for 'Harbor Freight'.

Good Luck,
    The Moonraker

Comment

:P While I buy some things at Harbor Freight, carving tools isn't one of them. Most of HF tools come from China and they do NOT consider quality a high priority. Check out the suggestion posted above. There are a lot of very nice folks out there who can supply you with quality tools at what ever price you can afford. As always, buy the best and you will never be disappointed.
      CB

Comment

I've had good luck with www.littlemountaincarving.com. They have an online catalog and the service has been good.

Comment

In the Mar.-April copies of Chit-Chat Magazines you will find all the addresses you need.

Comment

You could check out www.woodcraft.com, that's where I've gotten my most recent tools.

Comment

I buy all of my pfeil tools at Woodcraft. Of course, I don't have much choice as they are the only dealer in the US. I would also suggest contacting Rick at www.littleshavers.com. for tools. For the benefit of those new to carving, here are some brand names that you can trust to be fine tools (the list is not exhaustive and I expect other members here will add their favorites to the list): pfeil, Two Cherries, Henry Taylor, FlexCut, Cape Forge, Diobsud Forge, Stubai, Dastra, Robert Sorby. Watch out for the sets advertised on e-bay, most of them are Chinese junk. They do have one Liquidator there advertising Marples 6-piece sets for about $20 which seems like a good price for a decent beginners set of tools.

Comment

There's a guy in Canada that sells Pfeil. He sells on ebay, but has an on-line store as well. His $US prices are lower than Woodcrafts, and his freight is really cheap. He promotes a set for $180, under the category of tools.

Comment

Now you tell me! Do you have to pay duty on tools imported from Canada?

Comment

www.hummel com has online sales as well as a free catalog or call1-800-762-0235.
                    they have many, many carving patterns as well as how-to books,carving supplies,study aids, cutouts....

check it out, doesn't cost nuthin.
                    grumpy560

Comment

Check out Craftwoods, They have a pertty good selection.
                      Visit Easton, Md's Waterfowl Festival November 8th 9th and 10th.

Comment

The Canadian seller of Pfiel tools is KMS Tools. Try:
                        http://www.kmstools.com

He ships small orders for about $10.00 and claims orders for less than $400 are usually not inspected or charged for duties. His prices are quoted in $Canadian and $US and seem pretty cheap.

Comment

The Canadian seller of Pfiel tools is KMS Tools. Try:
                          http://www.kmstools.com

He ships small orders for about $10.00 and claims orders for less than $400 are usually not inspected or charged for duties. His prices are quoted in $Canadian and $US and seem pretty cheap.

Comment

8) Hey mdallensr, I checked out kmstools. Looks like their prices are $10 - $15 cheaper than what I paid at Woodcraft. Have you ordered anything through them? I might have to give 'em a try!

Hey grumpy, I checked out www.hummel.com. No carving tools, some sort of Internet service/ computer upgrade site. Are you sure that is the right address? :'(

Comment

www.hummel com is the right address, there isn't any tools on the sight but e-mail them and they will send you a catalog for free. Takes about 4-5 days to get it.
                              grumpy560

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X