Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who makes really good coping saw blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes really good coping saw blades?

OK I know Mike has the best scrollsaw blades in the flying dutchmen, and you can't beat wolf brand bandsaw blades from suffolk machinery....but where on earth, do you get really good coping saw blades?? I have a bandsaw and a scrollsaw and there always seems to be something that comes up that I end up using a coping saw,....with, I might add, what feels like a rubber band for a blade! LOL :

Re: Who makes really good coping saw blades?

Hi Dave...you might want to check out Lee Valley for coping saw blades. I bought some and found them to be better than others I've tried. If I remember right I think they are made in Germany...Reg

Comment

OK thanks!! I also have an idea for a new product for a coping saw manufacturer, if I knew the name of one? Sorry to say, there probably isn't a manufacturer in the US anymore : >

Comment

You might like to try Contenti in Rhode Island. http://www.contenti.com/products/saws/sawframes.html
        They really specialize in high quality coping saw blades. (No affiliation.)

Dar

Comment

Dave... hi there...

do you think its the blades or the frame? I have found the cheap blades plenty sharp and I know for sure I'm not 'overheating' them... would not a better tension keep them straight? I know exactly of what you speak... I just always cussed the frame

Dave E

Comment

Quality fret saw frames are available the accept standard (unpinned) scroll saw blades. Solves two problems; bad frame and bad blades.

Comment

thanks all...! the Contenti site looks interesting...the old coping saw I was using was my dads and I think it was old in the 50's and it was sprung...I have since picked up a couple at garage sales and they are very stiff, so think my problem is just some decent blades....appreciate all the input, thanks! Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to San Antonio Rock N’Roll
                by will8989
                Ben finished the half in the top 1/3 of almost 4000 runners! Sarah still trudging along.
                Today, 12:00 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
                by will8989
                Prayers for you and Connie. I know what you are in for as I was my mother’s caretaker and voice. It is a 24 hour job. Her heart was strong her dementia was a whole other story. I found the best doctors I could, best place which was only 2 miles from the house and a good pair of “steeled toe combat...
                Today, 11:58 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Today’s market
                by will8989
                Bruce just called, total of 10 cardholders and birdhouses left, one Mary, Joseph and lamb, one pepper grinder and a basket to be picked up. He also sold the last dough board we had. Customers want to know what I’ll have next week! And I have a monster headache almost migraine. This has been an unbelievable...
                Today, 11:46 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
                by NC Scroller
                Family first. Prayers for Connie and you....
                Today, 07:56 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to San Antonio Rock N’Roll
                by will8989
                He did the Baltimore run in October and finished in a little over 10 minutes. Of course it’s a very hilly course here and flat in San Antonio. Very proud of all of them.
                Today, 01:10 AM
              Working...
              X