Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who makes really good coping saw blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes really good coping saw blades?

OK I know Mike has the best scrollsaw blades in the flying dutchmen, and you can't beat wolf brand bandsaw blades from suffolk machinery....but where on earth, do you get really good coping saw blades?? I have a bandsaw and a scrollsaw and there always seems to be something that comes up that I end up using a coping saw,....with, I might add, what feels like a rubber band for a blade! LOL :

Re: Who makes really good coping saw blades?

Hi Dave...you might want to check out Lee Valley for coping saw blades. I bought some and found them to be better than others I've tried. If I remember right I think they are made in Germany...Reg

Comment

OK thanks!! I also have an idea for a new product for a coping saw manufacturer, if I knew the name of one? Sorry to say, there probably isn't a manufacturer in the US anymore : >

Comment

You might like to try Contenti in Rhode Island. http://www.contenti.com/products/saws/sawframes.html
        They really specialize in high quality coping saw blades. (No affiliation.)

Dar

Comment

Dave... hi there...

do you think its the blades or the frame? I have found the cheap blades plenty sharp and I know for sure I'm not 'overheating' them... would not a better tension keep them straight? I know exactly of what you speak... I just always cussed the frame

Dave E

Comment

Quality fret saw frames are available the accept standard (unpinned) scroll saw blades. Solves two problems; bad frame and bad blades.

Comment

thanks all...! the Contenti site looks interesting...the old coping saw I was using was my dads and I think it was old in the 50's and it was sprung...I have since picked up a couple at garage sales and they are very stiff, so think my problem is just some decent blades....appreciate all the input, thanks! Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Rolf
                Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                That is...
                Today, 08:15 AM
              • Jimern
                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                by Jimern
                The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                Today, 06:29 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                by will8989
                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Farmers market
                by will8989
                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                Yesterday, 10:31 PM
              • tgiro01
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by tgiro01
                Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                Yesterday, 09:38 PM
              Working...
              X