Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolf
    replied
    Steve, happy to here that all is well! thanks for the offer but after this discussion I found three of my originals and ordered two Heli Coil kits for the screws and rebuilt them.

So I now have lots of spares of both types. I like to have a few loaded with the current blade in use, this way when one breaks I just pop another in.

I just discovered that the lower clip that holds the clamp has broken. I need to make a new one. I use beryllium Copper instead of the plastic or steel one from Hawk.
    Last edited by Rolf; 06-14-2022, 08:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Luther
    replied
    I received and installed the new clamp and it works really good and it also stopped the noise I was hearing. Thank you so much for your help it was a major deal for me and with a link you gave even I couldn't mess it up. I do have that old clamp if you would want it and I would be happy to send it for all your help. Thanks again Rolf.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    It will knock if the blade tension is too low. Keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Luther
    replied
    Thank you for all your time. I received an email that my part has shipped and I should receive it within a week. When I get the part I will hopefully be able to locate the sound. It's almost like a rod knocking in a car with a V8 running on cheap really low octane gas. When the speed is turned all the way up it is extremely loud, loud enough that I have only done for a second or two before I turn it back down because of the noise and vibration. I live in Fallbrook Ca. I am not sure about a video upload, I am old and this is about my limit for any technology related anything. Thanks again for all your help.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    It is hard to diagnose remotely but I would check a few things.
    1. Side to side movement in the arms. There will be a bit of flex but should not wiggle.
    2. Move the lower arm up and down while off. to see if there is any play in the pitman arm bearings.
    3. once you replace the upper clamp. and properly tension a blade slowly turn up the speed and try to determine where the sound is coming from.

Where are you located? If you can't get a video uploaded maybe we can set up a time with both of us on a phone and I could hear the noise first hand.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Luther
    replied
    Thank you for letting me know.

Leave a comment:

• evilbadger
    replied
    Steve the forum does not support video so you have to post to YouTube or some other site and post a link to the video.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Luther
    replied
    I keep trying to upload a small clip of the noise while the saw is running but it won't upload. Sorry

Leave a comment:

• Steve Luther
    replied
    Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know what and where to get my needed part. I got your first message this morning and ordered the clamp for my saw and later saw the other message and thank you for the offer but I had ordered the clamp. When I get the new clamp I can send you the old one if you want it and can use it. The other problem I have with my saw is the noise it makes, any help would be appreciated. It is quite at low speed but gets loud and excessive vibration when cranked up.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    I prefer the originals because they clamp the blade flat without twisting it as some of the screw types do. I have three spares that need to be rebuilt so I ordered the helicoil kits to do that. If you want I would send you a rebuilt and all I would ask is that you mail me back the bad one. no additional cost.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    That was the original Hawk G4 clamp. It is made with multiple pieces and what can and has with mine, in time the two screws that hold it together start to strip allowing the clamp to separate. Take a look at the clamp as you tighten it and see if you start to get a small gap between the two halves.

If you have an extra bottom clamp you can change it. Or you can order this one that they replaced it with https://stores.bushtonhawkstore.com/...ry=g4+26+parts They used to be $9 10 years ago.

I rebuilt my originals when I was still working but no longer have the resources to do that. I will look at what I have and if I still have one of the rebuilts I could send it to you.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Luther
    replied
    Thank you for responding to my question. It's a G426.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Rj thanks for the vote of confidence.

Steve Luther , first welcome to the Forum.

What model Hawk do you have ? The y changed the clamps over the years.
    This is the clamp on the original G4 then switched to these simple aluminum blocks.
    Before that the older versions had an entirely different style.
    So please post a picture of you clamp and model Hawk.

DSC_0959 (600 x 402).jpg Clamp.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RJweb
    replied
    Rolf is the Hawk man, he will be able to help you, RJ

Leave a comment:

• Steve Luther
    started a topic Hawk G4 upper blade not holding

Hawk G4 upper blade not holding

Hello I am new here and was having a couple of problems with my saw. The upper blade guide is slipping and not holding the blade. That just started today and don't know where to start.I can't put any tension on the blade without it popping out. Any help would be appreciated thank you, Steve.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X