No announcement yet.

Electromagnetic Gear clock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to complete this clock and am extremely happy with the design. I never thought I hand made wooden clock could be accurate, but it's much better than I though. I tracked it for about 3 hrs with a stopwatch and it was easily within 30 seconds.

Thanks to Rolf for his support via email and kudos to Alfred who I believe generated the original design. Overall, this is a wonderful design.

I'm not sure what the maximum posting size is, but I've attached a couple of photos so hopefully they make it through. I was primarily interested in how to build this clock and make it work, so I didn't do a thorough job of sanding/finishing. That said, I've purchased 3 more circuit/coil sets from Carveshop and plan on building them as gifts.

Charlie

Hegner Multimax-22V

Good judgement comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgement.

Comment

I don’t see any pictures. After you uploaded did you click on the done button in the upper corner? I forget that step and they won’t post.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

These are Charles's pictures that he was kind enough to send me. The clock really came out great.
        Charles clock.jpg Charles clock 2.jpg
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...