Pomeroy Cross question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pomeroy Cross question

In the spring 2001 issue an article was published. "A Page From the History of Scrolling." I do not have the magazine, but borrowed the magazine and made the cross of which I posted a picture here. Can anyone give my any information on the origin of this cross ? I think the article said the origin was from the 1800's, but I am hoping for more information. (The 'S" in the cross resembles the dollar sign which brings comments usually). I found the article in the article index. By the way, I subscribed to the magazine later because it gave me so much information that I needed as a neophyte to scrolling. Thanks for any help.
    Jim

This article may be a starting point. http://www.scrollsawer.com/articles/...-Scrapbook.php
    then Google Google Google
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

More Info

I have the same question. Did you ever find out more info?
      Check out my blog and see my creations! scrollbench.com

Check out my Etsy shop here!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
        by KarlB
        Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
        Today, 09:41 PM
      • KarlB
        Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
        by KarlB
        Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
        Today, 09:31 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
        by will8989
        Beautiful!...
        Today, 09:19 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Big week here
        by will8989
        Bruce said he felt like he needed to look for a job when he first retired. That lasted for about a month and he hasn’t looked back since. I had a friend whose company gave him a 50th party. At the party he told them he was retiring in 2 weeks! Trust us, you will love being retired.
        Today, 09:09 PM
      • jim_mex
        Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
        by jim_mex
        Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
        ingers crossed
        Today, 07:35 PM
      Working...
      X