Pomeroy Cross question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pomeroy Cross question

In the spring 2001 issue an article was published. "A Page From the History of Scrolling." I do not have the magazine, but borrowed the magazine and made the cross of which I posted a picture here. Can anyone give my any information on the origin of this cross ? I think the article said the origin was from the 1800's, but I am hoping for more information. (The 'S" in the cross resembles the dollar sign which brings comments usually). I found the article in the article index. By the way, I subscribed to the magazine later because it gave me so much information that I needed as a neophyte to scrolling. Thanks for any help.
    Jim

This article may be a starting point. http://www.scrollsawer.com/articles/...-Scrapbook.php
    then Google Google Google
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

More Info

I have the same question. Did you ever find out more info?
      Check out my blog and see my creations! scrollbench.com

Check out my Etsy shop here!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Teacher
        Wild shot trying to find pattern
        by Teacher
        My son is getting married and my wife fell in love with a pattern named "Sylvia's wedding cross". Apparently that design was done by a person who is no longer on this forum and it is rather an old one as far as I can tell through searching. From posts I have searched several have made it....
        Today, 03:07 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Source for 5-Ply poplar plywood?
        by will8989
        I do all my puzzles in 3/4” wood, mostly poplar but some cherry or walnut....
        Yesterday, 10:57 PM
      • millwab
        by millwab
        Understandable for your baskets Betty, but in my experience 1/4” solid wood for puzzles tends to not hold up very well. Especially the small locks....
        Yesterday, 08:57 AM
      • will8989
        Planer do
        by will8989
        Should read planer Died yesterday. But Bruce got out his instruction book and google and got it apart. Needs new belt, plastic cover and pulley gear. Ordered from eBay and should have by Monday. Of course all work on dough boards stopped. $55 is much cheaper than a new planer. Oh well, on to the next...
        Yesterday, 08:48 AM
      • will8989
        by will8989
        My customers won’t buy anything cut from plywood. I’ve spoiled them. I use poplar for all my kid puzzles. With Bruce volunteering at the County Park antique sawmill, I have an endless supply of poplar. My current batch is green and white striped. I make cases for all my puzzles and back them with...
        Yesterday, 08:43 AM
      Working...
      X