Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Huckeby
    replied
    I agree with Janette, check Fox Chapel--good assortment of carving, woodburning, etc books as well.

Leave a comment:

• Janette
    replied
    Guess it depends on the kind of scrolling you plan on doing. There are books just to learn the scrollsaw, books on learning all the wonderful types of scrolling people do, etc. etc. Don't forget Fox Chapel has just about any type of book you might be looking for!

Leave a comment:

• hunterjjones
    replied
    thanks for all your input.I will sit down and think over all the questions on my mind>

Leave a comment:

• kerry_nf
    replied
    I have always found book by Patrick Speilman to be excellent on this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Originally posted by hunterjjones
    Can anyone recommend a book or books for the beginner in scrolling. Something that may talk about the types of blades to use and types of wood for different projects.

WWJD
    GOT JESUS
    Let me first start by saying welcome to the forum. As mentioned, you do have a large source of information here at your fingertips. However, since you asked about books and blades specifically - here's my suggestion.

When it comes to blades, there are several blade dealers who visit this board, asking them a specific question on blade use in the tools area may get you more information that is printed in any book. Olson blades also have a chart on their site which will suggest specific blades for specific wood / projects.

When it comes to books, well "Scroll Saw Workbook" by John and Joyce Nelson is my suggestion. This book will take you step by step through a variety of scrollsaw techniques. There is a review on our site if you wish to read it, and I am sure Amazon.com (.ca) will have ample to say about it aswell.

Hope this helps.

Take care
    Toni

Leave a comment:

• kyscroller
    replied
    You have the biggest book available by signing up. Search the Various threads and you can pretty much find all the information posted here some where. If not start a thread and watch the responses.

This sight has been very helpfull since I have signed up.

Leave a comment:

• hunterjjones
    started a topic books for beginners

books for beginners

Can anyone recommend a book or books for the beginner in scrolling. Something that may talk about the types of blades to use and types of wood for different projects.

WWJD
    GOT JESUS

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X