Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures to fretwork

Hi all

I want to turn a picture of my boys into fretwork anyone know how to use the editing tool on siref photo plus progam I would like to thank you for any help possable.
    Don't worry be scrolling

Gary Browning has a book out on it (Scroll Saw Portraits), but there are several people on the site who make their own patterns. I know Canadian Scroller uses Serif a lot...perhaps he can help!

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I use Corel Photo Shop Plus. If you don't have any luck, e-mail me the photo and I'll see what I can do with it.

Brian
      muzzleloader

"Scrolling through life, one kerf at a time."

Comment

Welcome to the forum Brian, you will enjoy it here.
        kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Has anyone tried Coyote Stencil Shop, to make patterns from pictures?
          Doc249HMCS

Excalibur 21, and a Dremel 1680

Comment

Some love it, some think it a waste of money. I'm in the latter group. Good news is that you can download a trial version with the only limitation that you can't save your work. Personally, I'm not impressed with it.
            Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
            Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
              Reply to My covid angel
              by NC Scroller
              Whatever way you decide to do if you are happy and your brother in law is happy it was a good idea. If you really want to be brave use it as a learning experience. Make several of them using different suggestions and see the difference....
              Today, 12:35 PM
            • Bill Wilson
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by Bill Wilson
              Well, unfortunately, I have also decided to let my subscription lapse. I've been debating it for the past couple years. It isn't so much the money, but it's more the disappointment when yet another issue has so little in it that really appeals to me. The final straw was this past Fall/Winter edition...
              Today, 09:51 AM
            • planeur
              Reply to My covid angel
              by planeur
              Thanks to all !😀 Your comment are very good and make sense!

My piece is 8"X8" X 1/2" thick.
              I though when I cutted the piece to do it in 1 piece or 4/5 , but after a while I decided to do it in one piece and carved it to have a 3D aspect.
              Was it a good idea.....?...
              Today, 09:45 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to My covid angel
              by Rolf
              Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
              Today, 09:02 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by Rolf
              The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
              Today, 08:49 AM
            Working...
            X