Jay Hammerle and what software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Hammerle and what software?

Exactly what I have been looking for but I can't find any photo to stencil software that I can use. Already purchhased Coyote and it doesn't work for me. Isn't there some free pic to stencil software out there? Thanks I do not have fancy Microsoft or any of those expensive stuff--only can use what is on my
    Dell lap top with Win. 7 and can use XP stuff.
    I don't have income to spend for just 1 thing like photo to stencil and no other reason to use a bought prog.
    Thanks Diane

I don't think any purely automated system will give good results. People are way better at art than computers.

There is free software which can help as a tool, but you will need to drive it. Take a look at the tutorials here on using Inkscape and the Gimp. They are both free software. Inkscape is a vector graphics program and is good for drawing clear shapes. The gimp is a raster graphics and photo editing program and is a better start for converting photos.

There are tutorials on using both stickied in the forums here.

Another option is to use tracing paper and a pencil. I dont do portrait patterns, but my general workflow is to start with a sketch and then clean it up in a vector program such as Inkscape.

--Rob

Comment

Thanks but what did HE use?

It said in the message that he used 2 (is Jay a member or not?) (can someone send him my request?)
      and I just wanted to know which ones they were. I thank you for your kind replay too.
      Diane

Comment

Diane this is Jay Hammerle. You have me at a disadvantage. Which forum statement are you refering to that I mentioned two programs?

The two main programs that I use are word and a very old program called mirco graphics 3.0. the second is a 15 year old drawng program and of course the word is micro soft.

For enlarging my drawings I use poster razor a free program on the internet and another drawing program I work with is gimp also a free drawing program on the internet. I went to a used book store and picked up a cd that has 2600 fonts also.......

If you can refer me to the exact topic from where this inquiry came I will be able to answer better.

And Yes I am a member..
        Last edited by HAMMER; 07-04-2012, 11:38 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• evilbadger
          Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
          by evilbadger
          Yes I'm still using the one I built I did some upgrades to it though. I swapped out the pipes for linear motion rails and made the gantry out of aluminum. I guess if I were to upgrade now I would be looking for a full size machine that could do 4x8 sheets of plywood with an automatic tool changer but...
          Today, 09:28 PM
        • vgraf
          Reply to Old Tool - Reborn
          by vgraf
          Looks great!
          Today, 08:15 PM
        • tgiro01
          Old Tool - Reborn
          by tgiro01
          With all these new tool stories, I was working on and old one. About 9 years ago, I built a router table. Then, before it was finished, I had to start using it. And I have used it over the years. A couple of months ago, While I was contemplating cleaning, I looked at the machine and decided to finish...
          Today, 03:24 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
          by Rolf
          I do remember that 2011 Wow, you were gutsy building that then, CNC was just coming into the home environment. Are you still using the one you built?
          Today, 10:23 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
          by Rolf
          Jim that is why there are now CD's available for past issues. To me a copier/scanner and printer are a necessary part of my tool inventory. JMO...
          Today, 10:19 AM
        Working...
        X