Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Jim Kape (Chess Piece Weight)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Jim Kape (Chess Piece Weight)

Hello Jim
    I have you book "Making Wooden Chess Sets" on page 29 you say the "According to the Staunton standard the pieces should be weighted" And you say to used lead shot or something else to add weight. But you dint say how much each piece should weigh or is there a set about you add to each piece. Thank you for your help.
    sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
    To all who serve or have served, Thank you
    Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
    by Linda In Phoenix
    It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
    Today, 06:47 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Plastic puzzle
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
    Today, 06:38 PM
  • Jim Finn
    Reply to Farmers market "survey"
    by Jim Finn
    The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
    Today, 04:48 PM
  • MidMich324
    Reply to Plastic puzzle
    by MidMich324
    Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
    Today, 03:57 PM
  • RJweb
    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
    by RJweb
    As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
    Today, 03:42 PM
Working...
X