Petal-Perfect Rose Box - Warped lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petal-Perfect Rose Box - Warped lid

Can any one suggest a reason why the lid would have warped on the box? Have recently completed 2 Rose Boxes. (2009 Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts By Robert Ardizzoni) both boxes were cut from the same length of Walnut board in Oct and Nov '11. After completion both boxes were finished with gloss spray and looked fabulous. Both boxes were in same area of house and the lid on one box now has warped and rocks back and forth like a rocking chair. Is there a way to correct this? Or suggestions on how to prevent it from happening again?

is the inside of the box finished like the outside is?
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Do you have a moisture reader? The moisture content could have been too high.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Were both sides of the lids and the edges sprayed, and with the same number of layers on both sides? I had a flat piece of oak where I put one coat of Danish Oil on the bottom and more than one coat on the top - over a few months in the laundry room, it curled up like a "C" -- so I took it back to the garage and put a LOT more oil on both sides - just left it sit, without any weights, and a couple of weeks later, it was flat again.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X