This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Stan,
    It means alot. My kids are at the age of needing my attention so I dont get on the saw as much as I would like to. I still keep at the Portrait Freedom project. We have over 1100 portraits cut for family members. Its a lot of work but well worth the effort.
    Thanks again,
    Gary Browning

Comment

Have not been around in a while

Hello scrollers,
      I have been sidetracked by life and have not found a chance to stop in and say hello.
      If you turn around in a year you will find that computers are as small as cell phones. With the changing world its good to know that scrolling for the most part is still a hands on thing.
      I hope you have some wood or fuel set aside to keep your scrolling area warm this winter. It was a cold one here today.
      Take care,
      Gary

Comment

patterns

i have got brownings first book,am interested in see and getting his second book,would also like info on patterms of movie stars,cant seem to find anything or anyone to help me ,,i see that the last post to him was 2005,,its 2011 and id like to get some help with this,,is it possible

Comment

He joined in 2005, his last post was 12/09, not that long ago. He will answer your question..Good luck

Have you checked our pattern Vault? If I recall there might be a few in there.
          Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
          Jean De La Bruyere...

l
          Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

here is a web page Gary has

Untitled Normal Page
            David
            Excalibur 21

Comment

thanks for the info,,ive been pulling my hair out trying to get patterns ha ha

Comment

still confused

it says heres a web page gary has,,i clicked on it and nothing happened,,im not that good at computers so maybe i dont understand the message

Comment

Gary is very active

Gary is very active with a group he started doing soldier portraits. Every soldier that was killed in the 2 wars this group is cutting 2 portraits of the fallen soldier and donating them to the family.
                  Gary also has his own site where his 2 books are, and individual patterns he has made.
                  Here is a link to that site.
                  BROWNING'
                  A;so there is a number of sites that have hundreds of portrait patterns for free.
                  Gladefade

Comment

hi Gary,
                    I too bought your book and have been working furiously... I've done a dozen portraits, some better than others... I'm starting to understand and despair that I'll never real get a handle on the software/design aspects... the actual cutting is easy. I have a copy of photoshop elements 9... does it work well? Not having tried any others, beats me. I also invested in an Excalibur 21 scrollsaw, loved it... now, after 200 or so hours of use I'm having real trouble with my saw... replacing parts... not being particularly mechanical... and my saw is still not working right... Soooo frustrating that I'm thinking of going back to carving... But I did enjoy your book, gave me a taste of what I really wanted to do in wood, portraits... Best to you, Sir.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X