Search function does not work for me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search function does not work for me.

The title says it all. ( I am still struggling with using this forum).
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,15" Jet
    You may have your PHD but I have my GED and my DD 214""

Jim,

Could you describe the problems you're having specifically?
    In the mean time, if you type (without the quotes) "site:forum.scrollsawer.com" into Google and then type your search query, you can search the forum that way.

Jack
    I try to be available for at least an hour a day during the weekdays, and an hour or two a day during the weekends.
    I keep an eye on the FAQ section and answer any questions about the forums I see.
    Representing Penn State!

Comment

Jim:
      I just tried searching for something I knew I would find--"poplar". System had a bunch of hit for me. What exactly are you looking for?
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

After finding the search function I did a search for band saw . I did get the results for band but could not get band saw to work. I tried to search for band saw blade.....same results. I did a search for Jim Finn and all I got was results for band. It may be my computer but I think it is just me..

Comment

Try one word bandsaw. I got quite q few hits. I did use the search box at the very top f the page.
          Last edited by mtwoodguy; 07-13-2017, 05:39 PM. Reason: To tell which search box i used.
          ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Search at the top of which page? It is not at the top of this page. I used to be, I think. I do not see it at the top of any page. I found it by clicking on a drop down menu. Somewhere/ Edit: I again found the "somewhere" I clicked on to find the search function. It is hidden under that icon with just lines on it. Who knew?
            Last edited by Jim Finn; 07-14-2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Finn View Post
              Search at the top of which page? It is not at the top of this page. I used to be, I think. I do not see it at the top of any page. I found it by clicking on a drop down menu. Somewhere/ Edit: I again found the "somewhere" I clicked on to find the search function. It is hidden under that icon with just lines on it. Who knew?
              Unfortunately, the problems you're having are known issues with the search feature of the forum software. The search bar will only search for keywords above a certain character length.
              I try to be available for at least an hour a day during the weekdays, and an hour or two a day during the weekends.
              I keep an eye on the FAQ section and answer any questions about the forums I see.
              Representing Penn State!

Comment

Jim:
                Did you find the search bar in the top right of the header?

search.png
                Attached Files
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by magintern View Post

Unfortunately, the problems you're having are known issues with the search feature of the forum software. The search bar will only search for keywords above a certain character length.
                  "Known issues"? Hmmm. So I have encountered a known issue. Again,...who knew? IF I keep coming back here, I will eventually learn all this .....again. Thank you for your efforts on my behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McDonald View Post
                    Jim:
                    Did you find the search bar in the top right of the header?

search.png
                    NO..... IT is not there!

Comment

Jim what kind of computer are you using? Is it a desk top or laptop or tablet? Is it an Apple product or some other brand? Do you know what browser you are using? What operating system ( Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, etc.)?
                      Scott
                      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I'm using a desktop (Safari Browser). While browsing this very thread, if you scroll to the top, there should be a search. Earlier, when you clicked on your menu and found search, that was searching the contents of the page your are on. It's part of the browser functionality and isn't part of the site.

I wonder if your screen is set to a low resolution, to make things bigger and easier to read, which might cause the search to be off screen to the right. If so, see if you have the option to scroll to the right.

If as I'm typing this, I were to scroll to the top, my view would like like this, with the search box immediately to the right of the banner.

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 10.23.46 AM.png

If use that search on band saw, I get the results below

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 10.24.54 AM.png
                        Last edited by hotshot; 07-15-2017, 10:37 AM.
                        "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

I am using a desktop computer and windows 10. I have the whole page at 150% so I can read it, and this is likely the reason for not seeing the search at the top of the page. I do not seem to be able to move the page to see the search window either. I have not had this issue at other forums, just here, Thank you for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Finn View Post
                            I have the whole page at 150% so I can read it, and this is likely the reason for not seeing the search at the top of the page.
                            Just to make sure, can you drop your magnification to see if the search bar appears. I just played with magnifying my screen and did lose the right side of the frame which included the search box.
                            Jim

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
                              Reply to Drum sander tool
                              handibunny
                              Just saw an interview about the new SuperMax 16-32 on Facebook, and it was mentioned that the new folding infeed and outfeed tables are available for the 19-38. Price is about $149.
                              Today, 03:30 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Woodpeckers
                              will8989
                              Yes the email said one and done. Bruce rates their tools with Inca.
                              Today, 02:33 PM
                            • bstark
                              Reply to Scrapwood Bowl
                              bstark
                              Brilliant! I love it. I have tons of scrap wood that I just can't part with... and I have been pondering what I should do with it. Some of the pieces can be used with intarsia, but honestly, I am running out of storage for it. This is a great idea that I will be happy to borrow. =) Nice work.
                              Today, 11:01 AM
                            • Stoney
                              Reply to This doesn't happen often in the shop
                              Stoney
                              Yeah blade clamps falling on the floor huh? And I thought that only happened with a Hegner. I couldn't believe it the first time it happened to me with my Hegner. I finally got tired of looking for the bottom clamp when it left the scene and decided to do something about it.. I made a combination...
                              Today, 10:47 AM
                            • BobD
                              Reply to Drum sander tool
                              BobD
                              (facebook algorithms not allowing me to find the page right now... doh.) If the new one is the same one I receive a press release about (the quick adjustment lever, and folding infeed/outfeed tables), I've reached out to them asking if these can be retrofit onto older sanders...

Bob
                              Today, 10:04 AM
                            Working...
                            X