Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magazine on CD-ROM

Admin,
    Have you thought about creating a cd-rom with the backissues on it? It would help for the occasional lost issue and provide a great quick reference for that article that your always looking for in _____ issue.

Re: magazine on CD-ROM

Or....how about converting each back issue to Adobe .pdf format and selling the downloads for about $2.50 each. Thats still a good deal for the reader and Fox Chapel since you don't have printing and postage costs involved.

Comment

That is a great idea... sign me up.  My copies of WCI are getting tattered...

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion of placing back issues on cd-rom. We have looked into this option, and at this present time, it not quite feasible for us. However, in the future, it might become another option. We will keep it in mind.

We are currrently working on an index to help find articles in back issues. We are planning on posting it on this website and updating it every issue. We are also going to be running a comprehensvie index in an upcoming issue of the magazine.
        Thanks again for the suggestion!

Comment

Add me as one more that would vote for CDRoms. I think I could even be hired to convert the articles to CD ROM. 8)

Comment

Scott

Great idea and sign me up

Lost some mags and wore out others

Comment

Concur with CD access

I think having "The" magazine available for CD access, would allow access to the past issues for which there are no more copies to mail out. I would love to have a copy of all the issues currently unavailable.

Pieter

Comment

Having the issues on CD sounds good to me except for the
                ADOBE format
                would rather have them in word format

Comment

Unfortunately, Wayne, putting the files in Word is almost impossible. We use Qwark to lay each issue out, and it is no problem to convert a quark document into a PDF...but we can't convert it to a Word doc.

Bob
                  www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Would love to have CD rom for reference. What I do with the index, is every magazine I get I make a copy of the Index and put in a binder. That way I just thumb through the index when I am looking for something special or to "see what I forgot"! Which lately seems to be quite alot! LOL
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Cd Rom

I like the idea of back issues on cd. I'll buy one when you get it.
                      Keith
                      Keep on scrolling

Comment

Although I've never seen the mag (I've put my name down for a trial copy), I'd also be interested in a CD.

Gill
                        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

pdf files

Bob!!!!!!!!!

Quark to PDF?!? OUTSTANDING! Do it!

Huumm....... y'all make money by selling advertising......... PDF files would support this....... with links...... do the cookie deal or whatever it takes to make sure your advertisers know y'all is where the "hit" came from on their web site.

There is a publication sold here in New England called "The Want ADvertiser". They have a web site where you can buy each issue online at a similar cost to the printed version. Once I found it I don't have to kill any trees anymore.

......... just thinking out loud. ( Or in type as the case may be)

DaddyCakes

Comment

CD on magazine sounds like a very nice idea. I have a set of CD's from a gaming magazine I used to subscribe to. It was awsome to be able to browse through and find what I was looking for. Put my name down for a set if you ever do it!

mikeg
                            http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeeeill/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                              Reply to New tools
                              by Quartz43
                              I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                              Today, 03:40 PM
                            • hotshot
                              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                              by hotshot
                              You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                              Today, 02:27 PM
                            • RJweb
                              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                              by RJweb
                              I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                              Today, 01:31 PM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              Shrink wrap systems
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                              Today, 11:51 AM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              Reply to Sundays market
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                              Today, 11:39 AM
                            Working...
                            X