Who's online? Mostly spiders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's online? Mostly spiders.

Hey guys, I was always impressed by the number of guests browsing the forum until I clicked "Quick Links" and "Who's Online"...the majority of the guests are indexing spiders, mostly from Yahoo.

I know spiders need to crawl website content to keep their indexes up to date but their has to be a way for forum software logic to exclude these "guests" from the "Who's Online" list.

...a simple robots.txt file with the appropriate parameters limits their presense.
    Check me out on the web:
    http://www.kerrysworld.com

LOL - just looked and apart from the Slurp Spiders - what a great name! - there are also now a lot of people reading Quick Links and whose online - now look what you've done, Keri ...
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

LOL! Oh no, I have created a loop...we'll all perish at the mercy of the "slurpies" Aaaarrrgh!!! lol
      Check me out on the web:
      http://www.kerrysworld.com

Comment

LOL all I can say .Jerry
        Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

I like the google spider.

Comment

So what exactly are spiders and what do they do
            Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
            No task is too tedious for Art.
            Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
            Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

The spiders are sent out by search engines such as Google and Yahoo to check the content of different sites. That way if someone googles "drilling holes for scroll sawing" it will bring up the site.

I'll check with Rob about the tweak you suggested, Kerry, but I know he's swamped right now...it might be a while before he can implement it!

Bob
              www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I like the "bot" spider, it's got my imagination working overtime.lol.
                kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by KarlB
                  Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                  Today, 09:41 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                  by KarlB
                  Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                  Today, 09:31 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by will8989
                  Beautiful!...
                  Today, 09:19 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Big week here
                  by will8989
                  Bruce said he felt like he needed to look for a job when he first retired. That lasted for about a month and he hasn’t looked back since. I had a friend whose company gave him a 50th party. At the party he told them he was retiring in 2 weeks! Trust us, you will love being retired.
                  Today, 09:09 PM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
                  ingers crossed
                  Today, 07:35 PM
                Working...
                X