Little picture thingys below signatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little picture thingys below signatures

What in the world are those little pictures that have popped up below the signatures lines?

I would appreciate it if someone could explain them.
    Kelly
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

yes indeed, inquiring minds want to know
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Digg is all about user powered content. Everything is submitted and voted on by the digg community. Share, discover, bookmark, and promote stuff that's important to you!

Furl saves a personal copy of any page on the Web and lets you to find it again instantly, from any computer. Share the sites you find, and discover useful new sites. Become a member to start building your Personal Web.

Searches weblogs by keyword and for links. Also provides news from general news services and blogs.

A social bookmarks manager. Using bookmarklets, you can add bookmarks to your list and categorize them.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation.

Next question......WE NEED THEM........WHY??????

Just curious. I participate in three other forums and this is the first I've seen those do-hicky thing-a-ma-bobs..
        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Also, what's with the " permalink " by each post number ?
          Thanx
          ...~Robert~
          DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Admin:

Well, now that you explained the "What"

Would you give us an example of the "Why" and the "How" these links are used?

From your previous post in this thread, I am unable to find a use for any of them.

Phil

Comment

I'm curious too. WHY do we need them?
              LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Do we have to pay for their services?
                Mia

We are the music makers.
                We are the dreamers of dreams.

Easy scrollin' with a DW788

Comment

I must say I find the icons distractingly prominent. What's your vision for using them to improve the forum, Rob?

Gill

Edit: Hey - I can't see the icons on my own post!
                  There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                  (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Where are those "thingies"??? I can't see them.
                    Diane
                    Dragon
                    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                    Owner of a Dewalt 788
                    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

The four icons are social bookmarking sites which are all effective ways of sharing content with others. There are no fees associated with the services. No one is required to use them but they are available to people who do use these services.

The goal with making them available is to introduce more scrollers to the message boards. Traditionally, people navigate to the site knowing SSWC, link building, directory listings, organic search through Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL etc... This is just another tool to drive more traffic and help increase membership to the board.

I would agree with Gill that the icons are too prominent in the existing design. In the short term, I removed them unitl I can make them less obtrusive.

Below are links if you wish to investigate them further. The all have their own merits and must admit they are not for everyone.

http://del.icio.us/
                      http://www.furl.net/
                      http://technorati.com/
                      http://www.digg.com/
                      Last edited by admin; 02-05-2007, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                        Bruce, the one on probation
                        by will8989
                        is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                        Today, 12:59 AM
                      • will8989
                        Sundays market
                        by will8989
                        When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                        Today, 12:46 AM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                        by will8989
                        I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                        Today, 12:27 AM
                      • jim_mex
                        Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                        by jim_mex
                        Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
                        Yesterday, 08:47 PM
                      • KarlB
                        Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                        by KarlB
                        Very well done!

Karl
                        Yesterday, 07:36 PM
                      Working...
                      X