"New Posts" Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New Posts" Link

When I come on the Message board, I only view the new posts. I would like to see a link back to the new posts, at the bottom of the page, that way when I'm done reading the posts in a particular thread and I'm at the bottom of the page, I could just click on the link to take me back to the first page of new posts, instead of scrolling back up to click on New Posts in the tool bar. I know I could click on the Next Thread link, but I don't always read the posts in order, so I find that link a pain to use.
    Thanks for considering this
    Marsha
    Last edited by Marsha; 11-14-2006, 06:50 AM.
    LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Usually I just hit the back button on my browser to go back to the new post list. Since I don't get to check this forum every day there may be a long list of messages waiting for me, and this puts me right back to the last message I selected to read. Also, if there is a lot of posts for me to catch up on (which sometimes there is) and I hit the New Posts link it might do a new search before I get all the way through all the stuff I missed.

Just my 2 ยข.
    Jim
    DeWalt DW788 & Dremel 1680

Comment

Yep . . back button works just fine for me too.
      W.Y.
      http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

The back button does work but it does not give you a fresh screen with any updates.
        I think Marsha's idea is a good one.
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

The back button does work but it does not give you a fresh screen with any updates.
          I think Marsha's idea is a good one.
          I also start any site by clicking on the New Posts the way Marsha does here. If I am away for a while I go to the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board list and select from the various forums.
          I have no problem with navigating here any more than any other site but perhaps a "New Post" button at the bottom would be nice for those that feel it is required.
          If the software supports such a change perhaps administration will implement it.
          W.Y.
          Last edited by William Young (SE BC); 11-14-2006, 11:48 PM.
          http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

I see your point Marsha. Besides, just because I may not use it much doesn't mean that everybody else won't. I know how some of these threads can get pretty long, so it would be a nice convenience to be able to just click once rather than have to go back through all the pages.
            Jim
            DeWalt DW788 & Dremel 1680

Comment

Marsha,

Have you tried using the TOP button at the bottom of screen, under the Forum Jump line. Then you only have maybe 2 clicks to get you back to the new threads. Click on Top then the New Posts button on top. That's usually what I do
              Kelly
              "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

I just click 'New Posts', then click on the little blue box with an arrow inside it which is at the start of the title of each listed thread. That takes me to all the new posts since my last visit.

Gill
                There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

OK! So maybe I need to have my glasses checked. I never noticed the TOP button until Kelly pointed it out. And Gill I had no idea what the little blue arrow was for. Both features are quite helpful.
                  Thanks
                  Marsha
                  LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Maybe I don't understand all the flap about the "New Posts" button being located at the top of the page. I use the "Page Down" button on my keyboard to read the posts. When I get to the last post I hit the "Home" button and it takes me right back to the top of the page and the "New Post" button. Can it get much simpler than that or don't I understand the problems here?
                    Buzz
                    We Danes are very even tempered. We're always mad about something!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                      Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                      by cwmagee
                      I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                      Today, 05:39 PM
                    • jim_mex
                      Reply to New tools
                      by jim_mex
                      Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                      Today, 05:26 PM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to New tools
                      by Rolf
                      Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                      My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                      Today, 04:32 PM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to Big week here
                      by Rolf
                      Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                      Today, 04:19 PM
                    • jim_mex
                      New PC keyboard has an error
                      by jim_mex
                      Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                      Today, 03:47 PM
                    Working...
                    X