I have many books and patterns....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have many books and patterns....

that I have bought over the years. They are all copy righted books and patterns so I couldn't post the patterns.....
    Alot of them do require the use of a scrollsaw, some can just be cut on a bandsaw.
    But there are many projects that I want to make so I'm wondering if I am allowed to post pictures of the finished project that I did myself even tho these projects come out of books other than the Scrollsaw Magazine.....

HOWever....I don't want to sidetrack away from what is intended by this message board because I know I created a discussion about a picture I had posted once before and I want to be straight on this now before I start posting pictures that might not be allowed.
    Seems like this should be allowed....there are many members here and surely they don't all do just the projects in the magazine, but I wanted to get an answer for myself now.

Catlyn

You can post pictures of the completed project. You just cannot post the pattern you used for the project if it is copyrighted. If you find a pattern on the web you can put a link to it but you cannot post the actual pattern. I'm sure others will add to this.
    Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Okay,,,that's what I figured. I knew I couldn't post the pattern.
      But I wasn't sure if even the finished project would be acceptable if it didn't come out of the magazine that this site is all about.

Originally posted by evilbadger View Post
      Catlyn

You can post pictures of the completed project. You just cannot post the pattern you used for the project if it is copyrighted. If you find a pattern on the web you can put a link to it but you cannot post the actual pattern. I'm sure others will add to this.

Comment

The admin of the site would prefer that we not promote other magazines on the site but finished projects are totally acceptable. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
          The admin of the site would prefer that we not promote other magazines on the site but finished projects are totally acceptable. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
          Thanks. I just wanted to to be sure that I could.
          I would never post a copyrighted pattern.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• GladeFade
            Reply to My covid angel
            by GladeFade
            First off how thick is the board you cut?
            When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
            that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
            for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
            Yesterday, 11:05 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Wooden Headstone
            by Linda In Phoenix
            I am stunned at the fact it wasn't rotted or termite destroyed. That must've been one blessed lady. Thank you for what you all are doing!
            Yesterday, 10:43 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Hard Woods for low $$$
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Pretty boards. Our Walmart didn't have any when I went. Thank you for sharing though.
            Yesterday, 10:41 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to My covid angel
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Looking at the image, I would sand down the clouds a bit on the left (as you're looking at it)....to make it look like the clouds on the right are the closest to you. Then with the clouds to the left being less pronounced it will make it look more like he is sitting on them. Humorous design choice...
            Yesterday, 10:40 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Tough Decisions
            by Linda In Phoenix
            I would have to agree that I've not personally made many designs from the magazine, as I have progressed to making most of my own designs. However, I do enjoy some of the reviews and other articles---as well as checking out techniques of others. I debated as well, but decided to renew. Now I just...
            Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          Working...
          X