I have many books and patterns....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have many books and patterns....

that I have bought over the years. They are all copy righted books and patterns so I couldn't post the patterns.....
    Alot of them do require the use of a scrollsaw, some can just be cut on a bandsaw.
    But there are many projects that I want to make so I'm wondering if I am allowed to post pictures of the finished project that I did myself even tho these projects come out of books other than the Scrollsaw Magazine.....

HOWever....I don't want to sidetrack away from what is intended by this message board because I know I created a discussion about a picture I had posted once before and I want to be straight on this now before I start posting pictures that might not be allowed.
    Seems like this should be allowed....there are many members here and surely they don't all do just the projects in the magazine, but I wanted to get an answer for myself now.

Catlyn

You can post pictures of the completed project. You just cannot post the pattern you used for the project if it is copyrighted. If you find a pattern on the web you can put a link to it but you cannot post the actual pattern. I'm sure others will add to this.
    Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Okay,,,that's what I figured. I knew I couldn't post the pattern.
      But I wasn't sure if even the finished project would be acceptable if it didn't come out of the magazine that this site is all about.

Originally posted by evilbadger View Post
      Catlyn

You can post pictures of the completed project. You just cannot post the pattern you used for the project if it is copyrighted. If you find a pattern on the web you can put a link to it but you cannot post the actual pattern. I'm sure others will add to this.

Comment

The admin of the site would prefer that we not promote other magazines on the site but finished projects are totally acceptable. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by wood-n-things View Post
          The admin of the site would prefer that we not promote other magazines on the site but finished projects are totally acceptable. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
          Thanks. I just wanted to to be sure that I could.
          I would never post a copyrighted pattern.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Chuck Hans
            Reply to Big week here
            by Chuck Hans
            Congrats on all accounts,
            I have been retired for 21 years and have no regrets. Hope you and your family take full advantage of the well earned time
            Yesterday, 08:51 PM
          • cwmagee
            Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
            by cwmagee
            Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
            Yesterday, 03:36 PM
          • Sandy Oaks
            Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
            by Sandy Oaks
            So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
            Yesterday, 02:56 PM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
            by NC Scroller
            I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
            Yesterday, 11:24 AM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to Big week here
            by NC Scroller
            Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
            Yesterday, 11:18 AM
          Working...
          X