Posting rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting rules

Just wondering is there some kind of probationary time period when your a new member?

where all your Photos & links have to be Cleared by a Mod prior to posting.

How long does this restriction go on for before your a trusted member?

Thanks,
    Dennis
    Last edited by TH'er; 12-18-2011, 09:57 PM.

Hi, Dennis. I didn't notice a probationary time period at all. Mostly I remember being pestered to post photos ASAP because everyone wants to see what you're doing. I think restrictions only happen around here if you prove not to be trustworthy.

Welcome to the forum.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by TH'er View Post
      a trusted member?

Thanks,
      Dennis
      I know folks around here...One Mod comes to mind ...that I don't trust at all...respect and admire yes, but once you let them in and make them your friend...well that's another story...<snicker>

Just messin', I have no idea. I think it's once you get to so many posts, you become a senior member. Then you get to mess with your title....
      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
      No task is too tedious for Art.
      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Dennis,
        Don't let me give you any wrong ideas...These people are just excellent..!!!
        So generous with their knowledge, and quick to encourage.
        You're definitely in a great place here.......
        Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
        No task is too tedious for Art.
        Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
        Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

It seems as if I can post standard text without it having to be reviewed by a mod, but when I add a link or any pictures

I get a message that it has to be reviewed by a mod prior to being placed into a thread. I was just wondering how long this process normally takes..

I belong to several forums and just never experienced this before, makes me wonder if in the past maybe new members
          may have been posting improper things or spam or linking to items that their trying to sell.. who knows.

I already know I'm going to be here awhile This site is awesome.. it just takes a few hours before my comments are posted..

Thanks everyone..

Comment

TH'er, Hi and welcome here.I just post pictures when ever I want to from my frist post on, no one has said anything about a time limet. When you have posted 50 times you well be a senior menber I think.... Lance

Comment

It has nothing to do with how long you have been a member. The spam recognition software tags some postings and not others. There is no way to over ride it. It would appear some of the links you have been adding to your postings meet the parameters of being suspect. So some of your posts are being moderated.
              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Originally posted by TH'er View Post
                It seems as if I can post standard text without it having to be reviewed by a mod, but when I add a link or any pictures

I get a message that it has to be reviewed by a mod prior to being placed into a thread. I was just wondering how long this process normally takes..

I belong to several forums and just never experienced this before, makes me wonder if in the past maybe new members
                may have been posting improper things or spam or linking to items that their trying to sell.. who knows.

I already know I'm going to be here awhile This site is awesome.. it just takes a few hours before my comments are posted..

Thanks everyone..
                Whoa, my comments were always posted immediately. Like so fast I just have to wait for the page to change a bit and it's right there.
                I can post pictures, too, but I don't have any of work I've done.....YET.
                But give me time. That day is a'coming.

Comment

Thanks everyone..
                  Wood N Things.. I can understand that.. Because at first I was able to post pictures without any limitations but then noticed that several others had to be reviewed first before being posted..

at first I was thinking maybe it was the way the photos were "named/tagged" but it also happend from photo's that where fresh off of my PS camera....

Oh well.. I'm sure this will pass.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X