Attachment dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment dimensions

Just wondering . . . why is it when you're posting an attachment to a message it will accept a 640 x 480 but not a 480 x 640?
    I posted this a few days ago within another thread but didn't get an answer. I'll try in its own thread.

Bruce
    Bruce
    . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
    visit sometime
    Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

I think it is just the way the software checks the data.
    If the width is over 480 pixels it is just spit out.
    They have the same number of pixels 307200 but what would happen if someone was being a wise acre and posted a picture 1 pixel wide. It would fill your screen countless times. Ok maybe not countless but 307200 pixels long is a big screen.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Millwab,

It was a pleasure meeting you during the Open House. I've increased the width to accomodate the same size image whether it be vertical or horizontal.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ennobee
        3-layer sailboat plaque
        by Ennobee
        After earlier this year I went through my books and got me a score of images of vintage sailing ships(*), I keep in finding new ways of making plaques with this designs. After trying my hand at segmentation, which kind-of worked, and multiple bevel-cuts,
        which I still have to keep trying until...
        Today, 12:23 AM
      • will8989
        Reply to Farmers market
        by will8989
        I made the first wolf for my grandson’s birthday. I have made 5 more and sold them all! Personally, I hope to never see another kayak again!...
        Yesterday, 11:21 PM
      • Ennobee
        Reply to Some sailing ships for my bathroom
        by Ennobee
        Update: I just realized I never posted any pictures of the finished fourth ship. I finished it about 6 weeks ago and have since tried a series of different techniques with some other illustrations from the same book. I'll post about that in a different thread. In the meantime, here is the last of my...
        Yesterday, 10:34 PM
      • Jim Finn
        Reply to Blades
        by Jim Finn
        I cut 1 1/2" pine (solid) when making toys. I use an Olsen #7 blade (precision ground). It out lasts others I have tried including Flying Dutchman blades..
        Yesterday, 10:09 PM
      • Jim McDonald
        Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
        by Jim McDonald
        Scott,
        I was shocked, yet most appreciative, of the surprise I found in the mail today. I am truly thankful for the friends I have made on the board.
        We are a small group, but I feel we all would jump in a second to come to the aid of each other. This is my electronic family.
        Yesterday, 05:20 PM
      Working...
      X