Problems uploading pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems uploading pics.

Probably a newbie mistake but I can't seem to get the Manage Attachments section to work.
    I've reviewed the instructions, reviewed other posting with similar problems, did what was suggested but still can seem to get it to work.
    I create a new posting, click on Manage Attachments, click browse, select the path of my picture, click upload....
    I then get a Internet Explorer error message in the same window stating that "The Page can not be displayed" and that the server is not responding or that my settings may not be correct.
    I checked what the error suggested to check and all seems right.
    I attempted last night and this morning with the same results. I can't see the server being down that long. But nothing is impossible.
    I even tried attaching a pic using the insert photo Icon (paper clip) above where I am typing. It takes me to the same screen of the Manage Attachments, with the same results.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Sean

Hi,

It is a misleading error message from IE.

Check the size of your picture: you are most likely over the limit allowed of 780 X 580 pixels

I fretted (pun intended) over the same error message for a week before finaly figuring it out.

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Marcel. I had checked that before posting. I did recheck and all of my photos had been reduced to apx. 500 pix wide by 300 long. Well with in the parameters required. I have sent a e-mail to the website directly. Maybe they can shed some light.
      thanks for the response.

Sean

Comment

Sean,
        Send me the photos and I'll see if I can upload them...sometimes the board can be a little touchy!

[email protected]

Bob Duncan
        Technical Editor
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MidMich324
          Reply to hegner 2"
          by MidMich324
          Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?
          Yesterday, 09:30 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Spring Issue
          by will8989
          I had to fool around with copying and taping a pattern again today. This wasn’t as bad as the fish, but still a pain. I use rapid resizer. Scan a pattern, put in size I want and it prints it out. If more than one page, it numbers each page at the top and I tape them together. Had the fish pattern...
          Yesterday, 09:28 PM
        • millwab
          Reply to Peanuts #1
          by millwab
          Rolf, I cover it with clear contact paper (comes off clean without leaving a residue) and draw a grid for the direction I want to cut (ie horizontal or diagonal) to keep the rows even. The rest is all freehand....
          Yesterday, 02:51 PM
        • Don in Brooklin On
          Reply to Spring Issue
          by Don in Brooklin On
          Rolf

I use acrobat reader. The poster feature will enlarge and if it goes to multiple pages it will put in cut marks. Even if the page is over letter size it will spread to multiple pages at 100%.

If it is in PDF form you can open with Inkscape or GIMP and select what you...
          Yesterday, 01:48 PM
        • theframer
          Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
          by theframer
          Hi Linda, great find...I think.

Please keep us up to date with any information you receive. I would really like to get into this, but my computer skills are almost nonexistent, I need something that a 74 year old air head 🙄 can figure out. Thanks for sharing.

Rick
          Yesterday, 12:05 PM
        Working...
        X