No announcement yet.

Saw preference topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drat. So nobody's interested in the cheap Hegner clones that are coming out now the Hegner patents have expired. Nor are they interested in the Jet saw that I wasn't aware of until today. Nor the SIP saw that is stealing all the customers at the shows I've been attending. Nor the Diamond saw.

Well, I suppose it's all old hat to you guys.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

I moved these threads out so people could vent about those people who like to talk about tools and machines...so we could keep the threads a little more on topic.

Bob
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Gosh Gill, I'm interested!!
        Lets just put all that new and wonderful info in a place where those who are not interested need not look - like in the FAQ section. I'll guarantee that I'll be reading about em. (And I'd bet I won't be the only one!)
        Sandy

Comment

That's the purpose of the TOOLS and BLADES section...if you don't want to read about tools and blades, don't click on that section!!! If you do want to read about these things, check it out!

Bob
          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

To be quite honest...I'm not, I bought my EX-30 in February of this year, so I should be looking for another saw in about 20 or 30 years. The fact that someone is ripping off Hegner is rather sad though. I have a Jet Tablesaw and get their catalogues so I'm sure I'll see those. I don't have much time for shows unless I'm selling at them. I don't believe the diamond is available on this side of the pond so it doesn't really hold any interest for me either.

Kevin

Originally posted by Gill
            Drat. So nobody's interested in the cheap Hegner clones that are coming out now the Hegner patents have expired. Nor are they interested in the Jet saw that I wasn't aware of until today. Nor the SIP saw that is stealing all the customers at the shows I've been attending. Nor the Diamond saw.

Well, I suppose it's all old hat to you guys.

Gill
            Kevin
            Scrollsaw Patterns Online
            Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Way to go, BobD! I agree. If you don't want to read about wood, then don't go to the section on materials, etc. Admittedly, I don't read some sections as much as others because I am not in search of a new saw and I am satisfied with my blades, but folks who are just starting out--remember when?--need the info about saws and blades. I get a little tired of discussions about clocks, but I don't do clocks, so I avoid those discussions. That doesn't mean they aren't valid subjects. I don't play golf either.
              Moon
              Old Mooner

Comment

Gill

Gill (who has taken up the art of scrollsawing and has joined this site to share ideas and has looked through the site and come back with some questions which have been known to receive frosty answers from... can you guess who? )

If this is directed at me, I would like to say Thanks! Please tell us all you know about the new saws hitting the market. Don't hold back. There I bet are many saws you have never heard of that have been around for awhile. Just about all tool companies make a version of a scrollsaw and some even more than one. I do not hear the scrollsaw made by Ridgid , or the one made by Tradesman mentioned much.
                John T.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X