Find the Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find the Fox

Has anybody actually found the fox in the fall issue? Ive looked and looked and it has evaded me.I think the deadline is over. Maybe they forget to put it in! ...Bob
    Be the good,
    you want to see in the world...

Deadline's past, I found what I was sure was the fox, but it wasn't and they still won't tell where it is.
    Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

We'll tell you where its at in the next issue...but I'll see if I can't give you another hint...just to help you stay sane!

Bob
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobD
        We'll tell you where its at in the next issue...but I'll see if I can't give you another hint...just to help you stay sane!

Bob
        Read my signature, it's too late!
        Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

The fox

I have to admit one thing, if the function of the fox was to get readers to read the entire magazine it has certainly done its job.
          I am usually pretty good at finding these things but I am baffled this time.
          Foxes are sly creatures that poke their heads out only when they want to be seen. I think mine is having a nap in his den, maybe curled up next to a vixen.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

OK, OK, OK...

Since the next issue is at the printers--and the next issue is announcing the location of the fox--and the deadline to enter the contest for the Fall issue is passed...I can give you all a little hint.

Look in the article "Layered and Burned Squirrel Clock"

DO NOT SEND ME ENTRIES ON THIS ONE!!!! I already get enough e-mail <grin>

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Thanks Bob

Once I saw it I dropped the magazine in frustration.
              Oh Well Hats off to all those who found it on their own.
              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
              "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
              Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I wanted so bad to offer hints but I am holding out for the prize. My hint would have been "Find the Fox or get burned", thank God for my trusty shop helper for finding the little bugger as I too was getting pretty upset.

BTW, Bob when I get my info can I get my SSW sent to Iraq?
                Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

No Problem Todd

Just get me the information and I'll see to it personally!

Bob
                  www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

To cool! Thanks Bob.
                    Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Since I still can't find him, I'll just have the "Sour Grapes" attitude - I didn't want to win anyway!
                      Fred

Comment

Don't feel bad. I still couldn't find him either.. and I still think my fox is in the hen house..
                        Sharon

Comment

Well, my girlfriend finally found it. It took a magnifying glass. Better change my subscription to the LARGE print, large picture version.
                          Fred

Comment

We said it would be hard!

Bob
                            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Originally posted by Woodbutcher68
                              Since I still can't find him, I'll just have the "Sour Grapes" attitude - I didn't want to win anyway!
                              Completely off topic, but the original fable by Aesop from which we get the phrase sour grapes was about a fox. He wanted to eat some luscious grapes that were hanging overhead but no matter how he tried, he couldn't jump high enough to reach them. In the end he gave up and walked off, muttering, "I didn't really want those grapes. I bet they were sour anyway".

It seems kinda appropriate .

Gill
                              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                                Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
                                by cwmagee
                                A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
                                Today, 07:28 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                                That is...
                                Today, 08:15 AM
                              • Jimern
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by Jimern
                                The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                                Today, 06:29 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by will8989
                                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                                Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X