Issue #18 Scrolled Interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue #18 Scrolled Interiors

In the issue #18 Spring 2005, there is an article about Brad McFarland and how he turned his hobby into a business, which I found very interesting. So much so, that since I live close by to the "Cindy's Wine Cellar" where he did some of that work. I thought I'd drop in to take a look at it!! Unfortunately 'Cindy' sold her store a little while ago and took her art pieces with her at the time of sale. So if you were going to be in the neighborhood and thought you'd get a 'peek' at Brad's work, it won't be there. Bummer.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
    Reply to Question about tilting head saws
    by handibunny
    If you have a good saw, and can set the table accurately, you should be good to go. Give a holler if you need help. 😁

Randy, I swapped out the clamps on the Jet for the Pegas clamps as soon as they became available. I found the Jet clamps just too fidgety for my taste.
    Today, 05:09 PM
  • Jim Lowder
    by Jim Lowder
    Thank you all for the info. Sounds like it’s talent or practice issue not my saws. Wife already gave permission to buy a new one. I will wait tho
    Today, 04:51 PM
  • hotshot
    by hotshot
    I'll talk about this specific "slice" of your question, with more detail that you probably want or need.

Most Tilting head saws do come from the same Taiwan factory, except Excalibur. So what happened with Excalibur was . . . General got bought by a Chinese investor, some China/Taiwan...
    Today, 04:41 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Basket C15
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Did this thread get hacked? That is a very strange sidetrack from KyivWorkshop.
    Today, 04:21 PM
  • handibunny
    by handibunny
    It doesn’t matter whether the saw table tilts or the saw arm tilts. Either can be used for any project cut at an angle, and there’s a learning curve for each.

I actually prefer the tilting table because the blade remains vertical. I find that at really steep angles, like 40 or 45 degrees,...
    Today, 02:10 PM
Working...
X