No announcement yet.

Machu Picchu

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machu Picchu

Last week I posted a picture of a back of a puzzle that showed a detail when cutting, I got a request to show the front of the puzzle, so here is the story...
    Some yearís back (I think about seven) a customer who had just climbed Machu Picchu asked me to cut one of his photos into a puzzle. I think it was a 16" x 20" photo. I mounted it to my wood and spent a lot of time looking at it and trying to figure out what whimsies I would cut into it. At the end of the day I propped it against the wall and I figured I would start cutting it the next day. When I came into the shop the next day I was mortified to find that a heavy bookend had fell from a shelf above and smashed right down the middle of the picture. So, I ordered a new photo and started again.
    I did not want to waste the first photo that was damaged, so I came up with the idea to use some of it in the new puzzle. I created 3-D terrace village as it would have been in Inca time. I still had a little left over and made an Inca deity as a separate puzzle and tossed it into the tin with the rest of the puzzle.
    Erik (the customer) was delighted with the results.
    Lemons into lemonade!
    Attached Files

The only thing I can say is

WOW !!!!!
    Sawing is much cheaper than therapy.

Nicely done. Great save.
      "Still Montana Mike"

Listen to my radio program Saturdays from 4-5 pm Pacific time.
      On By clicking right here to access live streaming.

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Your creativity is exceeded only by your craftswomanship!

That is one fine puzzle!!!

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I've Got A Lot More To Learn
        About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone[/FONT][/SIZE]
        [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]~~ Molly Venter[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thank you Jim, thank you Mike, thank you John!
          and I hope the word "craftswomanship" catches on, it just does not roll off your tongue

Great puzzle, Dee! Wonderful job!

Very clever, Dee! Do the terrace levels stay in place (are they affixed to each other?)
              Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Thanks Matt.
                Shawn, yes they are connected by one piece to the layer above or below. The puzzle becomes difficult because the picture on the layers of terrace are the same as some where else on the main photo. I was terrified went I wrecked the first one, this was one of the first puzzles I did on my own after I left Stave.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Latest Topics

• mlyons
                  New Scroll Saw Ornament Book
                  I have just published "Christmas Scroll Saw Ornament Designs", a book containing over 200 Christmas ornament patterns. I really love making ornaments to share with family and friends, and I am very proud of the book, so I hope you will give it your consideration.

The sections...
                  Today, 06:56 PM
                • mlyons
                  Reply to I'm featured in Wood Toy News
                  Lovely work - I like the sleigh best too!
                  Today, 06:50 PM
                • cwmagee
                  Reply to In For A Landing ::::
                  Unfortunately the issues with the web site design is crippling this forum. I used to check in several time each day to just keep up with the action. Now there is so little action on it, I find that checking in once or twice a week is more than sufficient....
                  Today, 05:43 PM
                • sdguy
                  Reply to Display stands/walls
                  I appreciate your taking the time to post your setup. It's very impressive, and the photos definitely provide food for thought. As a fellow puzzle vendor, it's nice to see other ideas. I have a homemade solution as well, but yours has a much higher capacity than mine.
                  Today, 04:51 PM
                • ubgoofy2003
                  In For A Landing ::::
                  I've been out of state for a while & tried posting an attachment with no luck, again. I think I'm just going to move on. It isn't worth all the hassle just to post a photo of something I finished. Don't need all the red tape for a simple picture. Thanks anyway.
                  Today, 01:59 PM