No announcement yet.

4th of July Puzzle

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July Puzzle

Happy 4th of July everyone!!! Here is a puzzle I made for a family activity today. I had fun with the figurals, though I ran into some issues with the tail of the kite. I'll have to keep practicing... The puzzle is roughly 9x12 and made from Walnut hardwood.

Attached Files

Great job, Matt! I love all of the false edges compromising the kite string.

On the kite tail, you just had to make the tail a little wider. I went through something kind of similar when I was sketching out the kite figural for my Spring 2014 article. You want it to look representative of the object, but not too delicate and fragile.

Usually when I sketch up a figural, I will just keep going over the thin portions with pencil, letting them gradually broaden, until they seem adequately thick and sturdy.

Great job on the puzzle, though.....I like the concept, theme, layout, and picture, and you did on nice job on the cutting.
    Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Nicely done and the family will enjoy doing it together.
      "Still Montana Mike"

Listen to my radio program Saturdays from 4-5 pm & NOW Sundays from 2-3 pm also Pacific time.
      On By clicking right here to access live streaming.

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

wonderful job on your puzzle...shawn gave you some good advice on the's happened to me.....the more you cut, the better you get.....happy 4th!!

"The Journey is the Reward"

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Latest Topics

• mowerman1193
          Reply to Bandsaws- what would be your choice?
          When I say I want to resaw..I am talking about a max. height of around 6" for the most part would be 4-5" for making ornaments.. You see my brother owns a lumber mill and I can get a lot of his scraps... but most lumber is 1 - 1-1/2 sometimes 2 inch thick.. I have a planer but just a light...
          Today, 07:22 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to help
          Sandy Oaks
          Don, he doesn't know what he is missing!
          Today, 06:34 PM
        • Don R
          Reply to help
          Don R
          I guess he doesn't want my help, Oh well I won't offer any more.
          Today, 05:52 PM
        • wood-n-things
          Reply to Designing a new workshop - Need input
          A lot will depend on budget and what tools you already have. New shop area will be about the size of a single car garage then?
          Today, 05:47 PM
        • Bill Wilson
          Reply to Scrolled tree topper
          Bill Wilson
          Thanks Sandy, I'll check her website.
          Today, 05:16 PM