4th of July Puzzle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July Puzzle

Happy 4th of July everyone!!! Here is a puzzle I made for a family activity today. I had fun with the figurals, though I ran into some issues with the tail of the kite. I'll have to keep practicing... The puzzle is roughly 9x12 and made from Walnut hardwood.

Matt
    Attached Files

Great job, Matt! I love all of the false edges compromising the kite string.

On the kite tail, you just had to make the tail a little wider. I went through something kind of similar when I was sketching out the kite figural for my Spring 2014 article. You want it to look representative of the object, but not too delicate and fragile.

Usually when I sketch up a figural, I will just keep going over the thin portions with pencil, letting them gradually broaden, until they seem adequately thick and sturdy.

Great job on the puzzle, though.....I like the concept, theme, layout, and picture, and you did on nice job on the cutting.
    Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Nicely done and the family will enjoy doing it together.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

wonderful job on your puzzle...shawn gave you some good advice on the figural.....trust me...it's happened to me.....the more you cut, the better you get.....happy 4th!!

bob
        "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
          Reply to No info how to post pictures
          Sandy Oaks
          Well stated, Carole. I have been on the forum nearly as long as you and I plan on staying around.
          Yesterday, 04:03 PM
        • Trout
          Reply to My Chevy truck
          Trout
          Rolf, the tires is what put a holt on the project to first go round..when I started this project back up the tires was the first thing I had to tackle and then the suspension and luckily it all went together.
          Then I got to do all the little fun stuff like the winch and yes it does have a roll...
          Yesterday, 03:08 PM
        • handibunny
          handibunny
          Well, apart from the problem with posting pictures, there still is meaningful content being shared.

Of course everyone is free to make his/her choice regarding whether to stay or bail, but it seems to me that if a friend were going through a hard time, you'd be likely to hang around and...
          Yesterday, 02:40 PM
        • Hobbyhorse
          Hobbyhorse
          You have to feel for Fox Chapel. They have invested a lot of time and money to provide us with a free forum to use which thus far has not performed as well as expected. It is quite common to find new computer programs that do not perform as specified and also to find that they take months to sort out....
          Yesterday, 01:48 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to Cardinal Bank
          Sandy Oaks
          Way to go, DW. You are the master bank maker.
          Yesterday, 11:23 AM
        Working...
        X