No announcement yet.

SSWC 36 Product Reviews article discussion thread

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSWC 36 Product Reviews article discussion thread

Here is the place to discuss the product review.

New Products - Dremel Multi-Max - Alpha Jack Clamps - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts

Nice article. I always thought Bozeman was in Montana...I guess there is one in Minnesota as well?
    "Still Montana Mike"

Listen to my radio program Saturdays from 4-5 pm & NOW Sundays from 2-3 pm also Pacific time.
    On By clicking right here to access live streaming.

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Looks like an error. According to their web site, Lowell Thomas is in Bozeman, Montana.

Lowell Thomas Tool's Bozeman, Montana bar clamp!

Ok Bob - quit teasing us and just hand deliver the magazine!! We're waiting. And now excited.
        DeWalt 788

I enjoy reading the product reviews in the magazine.

Bob, like you, my favorite hand sanding tool is a random orbit sander. I am intrigued by the Dremel Multi-Max, however. I like the small size and delicate/small area sanding the tool should offer. The scraper is a nice touch, but I have to admit, I seldom do refinishing.

The only problem I had with Dremel in the past was with a beautiful set I bought from them which included a variable speed rotary tool with lots off attachments and tons of "bits." The problem was that there was nothing in the set which described what each attachment was for. For example, I would have a tough time knowing which spinning disk to use for the material I was trying to cut through, be it wood or a rusty nail. It did provide a nice carrying case for the 100+ rotary attachments, however, LOL.

When I do get it straight, the tool works well, though.

Thanks for the review. Maybe I'll add the Multi-Max to my workbench soon.
          Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Bob have you had a chance to compare the Multi-Max with any of the other new oscillating tools?? I bought the Rockwell Sonicrafter and am very happy with that. I just wondered how the other compared.
            [SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Cathy in NE

[COLOR="Purple"]"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I have the Dremel Stylus rotory tool & it works great. Came with a kit, including bits, wrench etc. I like the idea of being able to just put it back on the charger & not worry about it over charging. No problem with Dremel here ! Perk

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Latest Topics

• mowerman1193
                Reply to Bandsaws- what would be your choice?
                When I say I want to resaw..I am talking about a max. height of around 6" for the most part would be 4-5" for making ornaments.. You see my brother owns a lumber mill and I can get a lot of his scraps... but most lumber is 1 - 1-1/2 sometimes 2 inch thick.. I have a planer but just a light...
                Today, 07:22 PM
              • Sandy Oaks
                Reply to help
                Sandy Oaks
                Don, he doesn't know what he is missing!
                Today, 06:34 PM
              • Don R
                Reply to help
                Don R
                I guess he doesn't want my help, Oh well I won't offer any more.
                Today, 05:52 PM
              • wood-n-things
                Reply to Designing a new workshop - Need input
                A lot will depend on budget and what tools you already have. New shop area will be about the size of a single car garage then?
                Today, 05:47 PM
              • Bill Wilson
                Reply to Scrolled tree topper
                Bill Wilson
                Thanks Sandy, I'll check her website.
                Today, 05:16 PM